Unique Rental Spaces for Memorable Events in Kansas City
Located near downtown Kansas City, the National WWI Museum and Memorial is a favorite meeting and event site for many local, national and international businesses. Our facilities are perfect for your rental, from intimate groups of 30 to large gatherings of thousands.
From formal receptions in the Auditorium Lobby and corporate board retreats in the Conference Room, to outdoor celebrations on the grounds, the Museum and Memorial can accommodate a variety of events. Our spaces for rent are ideal for conferences, holiday events, receptions, private parties, sales meetings, company outings and celebrations of life.
Our experienced staff will work with you from beginning to end to plan and host your event. We look forward to sharing the Museum and Memorial with you and your guests.
Indoor and outdoor spaces perfect for any event, including seminars, concerts, dinners and receptions.
Rooms designed for retreats, off-site workshops and team building opportunities with up to 30 participants.
Poignant and moving venues for commissioning and promotion ceremonies, reunions and memorials.
The Museum's Over There Café provides catering services for breakfast, lunch, dinner and receptions. Clients renting event or meeting spaces may contact the Café for more information.
Over There Café
Melodie Johnson, Catering Manager
A/V equipment and capabilities vary by room, from microphones and set up for presentations, to video recording and simulcast capabilities in the Auditorium.
For costs on A/V support, contact us at 816.888.8111 or firstname.lastname@example.org with more questions.
The Classroom or Conference Room can be rented for $100 for active-duty military meetings.
Room fees are waived for groups of 15 or more who cater their meals through the Over There Café and schedule a group tour for attendees.
Military Commissioning and Promotion ceremonies can be scheduled for no charge, in certain circumstances.
Military Commissioning and Promotion ceremonies may be scheduled either on the Observation Deck or in Memory Hall at the National WWI Museum and Memorial at no charge when complying with the following guidelines:
- Ceremonies must be scheduled at least two weeks in advance. There is no guarantee that space will be available without prior written confirmation by the National WWI Museum and Memorial.
- The National WWI Museum and Memorial will not set up any additional items including chairs, tables, flags, etc. All existing furniture must remain in place and may not be moved by the guests of the ceremony. Removal of existing furniture or modifications made to the layout of the space will result in penalty charges to the ceremony organizer.
- Equipment needed for the ceremony must be approved in advance by the National WWI Museum and Memorial.
- Ceremonies may not last longer than one hour, and if held in Memory Hall, ceremonies must be completed by 4:30 p.m.
- Only clients who are currently active in the military will receive complimentary bookings in these locations for the purposes of Commission and Promotion ceremonies.
At this time, the Museum and Memorial does not book weddings or associated events.
The National WWI Museum and Memorial has unique spaces available for Celebration of Life ceremonies and memorials.
The Courtyard, Auditorium and Lobby spaces allow guests to socially distance, utilize on premise audio visual equipment and hold a private reception following services.
For more information call 816.888.8111 or email email@example.com.
Explore our spaces
Booking an Event
To book your event or to receive more information, please fill out this form and our Events Department will be in touch with availability as soon as possible.